Lists are trendy right now, and in honour of that (and for those people who go under appreciated on lists and break crockery so they can feel better), here’s a peer nominated list of 10 smart blogs that have made themselves unforgettable through their writing. Whether they specialize in self examination or dirty word porn, or just give an inside perspective to trying to do sex right, each writer has made their mark and should not be forgotten.
In No Order Of Importance, Because I Want To Keep My Friends
- Girl On the Net Girl on the Net provides a great intersection between accessible kink and sexy writing, with a smart, thoughtful approach.
- Hiding in Plain Sight Probably one of the most valuable things to other kinksters is raw, honest disclosure about what it’s like when it does and does not work, not just where it feels good but also where it hurts. Perverse Cowgirl is completely candid and open, with good insight into her own vulnerabilities.
- JTRevener For one reason or another, you don’t seem to get as many blogs from the position of a sub identifying male that are also writing on their perspective as a sub, irregardless of his relationship status. JT makes himself as open and accessible as possible, and he’s not afraid to stand up for himself either.
- Switch Studies As a bisexual switch, this blogger has a great perspective on the diversity of approach in kink. It can get way to easy to get caught up in your own version of doing things, and Ginger’s blog reminds you to be a little more flexible about other people.
- Not Just Bitchy Stabbity might characterize herself as ‘rage-y’, but her think outside the box approach to the kink standards we take for granted is briskly refreshing. Someone’s got to do it, and she does it with panache.
- Becoming Her Slave Another active sub male voice, Giles of Becoming Her Slave deals with one of the most common conundrums in kink- submissive men with loving partners who may not necessarily identity as a dominant.
- Femdom Resource 99% of the traffic probably comes from people looking for his massive archive of other people’s art and writing (woo community service), but Paltego’s experience driven blog is worth taking the time to read.
- Dumb Domme Sometimes what kink needs is not taking yourself so seriously. As her tagline says, D embraces the “intersection of femdom and fail”. For me she was one of the first voices I encountered that agreed with my belief that dominance does not give you magic competence powers.
- Sex Blog of Sorts Sometimes simplicity is at the core of smartness. This blog is completely new to me, but comes highly recommended. Less kink and more sex romp, the writing here still makes it a great part of the blogging landscape.
- Domme Chronicles Ferns is the moderating executive with a ban hammer that makes several online kink groups behave, and she’s generally got a sharp eye for what the latest discussions in F/m are. As a result, she not only gives great insight into her own life, but is plugged into the hottest, freshest topics.
10 thoughts on “10 Smart Blogs You Shouldn’t Forget (And Why!)”
These are all fantastic blogs! Thank you for introducing me to some that I was unfamiliar with. I will definitely be following them!
Thanks for stopping by! I’m a frequent reader of submissive guide, so I’m really flattered.
Thank you for the list, and for including me on it!
You mentioned one I didn’t know about. Woot!!
Aw, thanks 🙂 I feel all warm and fuzzy now.
There are a couple of blogs there I haven’t heard of. I look forward to checking them out when I have a little more free time.
Squee! Thank you! I feel all special!
I may have spent the time earmarked for cleaning the house today reading a bit of the archives of the ones I hadn’t come across before, and will be following a couple of them, for sure. Time well spent, even if it does mean the carpet still needs vacuuming.
I just discovered this list and the fact that I’m on it. Holy cow. Thank you. 🙂
“belief that dominance does not give you magic competence powers.”
Let me clarify my thinking on this. Dominance does give you magical powers, just not magical powers of competence. If you don’t believe me, I shall levitate you and float you to the garage where I keep my magical flying pony.
I will use thick pads to cover the floor during the levitation to ensure your safety… because, you know… incompetence…
Thanks for including me on such a great list. 😉
Thanks for the link! Glad you approve of my blog!
I hadn’t seen that I was part of this (no idea how!), so apologies for the belated response. Thank you for saying such lovely things x